Baby, it’s cold outside!
When you’re feeling chilly at home, there are several budget-friendly ways you can keep comfortable without
turning up the thermostat.
Here are five easy ways to stay cozy this winter.
- An electric blanket can deliver quick warmth like a regular throw or blanket cannot. Electric blankets can include a variety of features, like timers and dual temperature settings.
- Keep your feet warm. Our feet play a critical role in regulating body temperature, so when your feet are warm, your body automatically feels warmer. Try a pair of comfortable wool socks or house slippers to stay toasty.
- Harness natural warmth from sunlight. On sunny days, open curtains, drapes and blinds in your home to
let the sunshine in –– you’ll be able to feel the difference.
- Use a humidifier. Cold air doesn’t hold water vapor like warm air, so by adding humidity inside your home, you can feel a little warmer. A favorable level of humidity inside your home can also help clear sinuses, soften skin and improve sleep.
- Area rugs can also provide extra insulation and a warm surface for your feet on cold winter days. Use large area rugs in rooms where you spend the most time.