Makes 8 truffles.
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4-ounce) dark chocolate bar (70-75% cocoa is best), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
In a small nonstick pan, heat whipping cream over medium-low heat. Add both types of chocolate, stirring until smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon orange zest. Immediately cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, until mixture hardens.
Use a spoon or small melon baller to form chocolate into 1-inch balls. Roll in palm of your hand. Roll half the truffles in cocoa powder, and top the others with remaining orange zest. Refrigerate until time to serve.