Makes 6 or more servings.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cubed
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 cream-filled snack cakes (like Twinkies), broken into pieces
In a large bowl, beat together sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest and lemon juice; set aside. Place half the angel food cake in a bowl, casserole dish or trifle bowl. Drizzle half the lemon mixture on top. Cover with half the strawberries and half the whipped topping. Then add the cream-filled cakes. Top with remaining angel cake, lemon sauce, berries (reserve a few to decorate the top) and whipped topping. Decorate with extra berries. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
Note: This recipe can be made a day in advance.