The party menu is all planned, just add friends!
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups assorted greens, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ripe pears, sliced
- 2 ounces honey goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 3/4 cup cucumber, sliced
In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until thoroughly combined. Assemble salad, and serve with dressing.
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive or canola oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Cooked rice for serving
In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and onion powder.
Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken, and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in cranberry sauce, orange juice, chicken stock and garlic. Reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with rice.
Makes 8 servings.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared pie crust
Heat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, sugar and cornstarch.
To a blender, add eggs, evaporated milk, melted butter and vanilla extract, and pour in sugar mixture. Blend for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides, and blend again.
Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 hours.
Notes: This pie is best served at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.