- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared pie crust
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, sugar and cornstarch.
- To a blender, add eggs, evaporated milk, melted butter and vanilla extract, and pour in sugar mixture. Blend for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides, and blend again.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 2 hours.
Note: This pie is best served at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
Category: Winter, winter, chicken dinner!