- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350. Generously grease a shallow pie pan.
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend for 30 to 45 seconds, until well-combined. Pour into prepared pie plate. (The flour will settle and make a “crust” — that’s the “magic.”)
- Bake for 32 to 37 minutes. Pie will puff up and then settle. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Note: This recipe is based off an old-fashioned pie, but the modern twist is the cream of coconut. Be sure to use cream of coconut, not coconut milk.
Category: Lighter fare for fairer days