- Oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cornflakes crushed
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- In a deep skillet, heat oil until hot enough for frying.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs; add salt and pepper.
- Place cornflake crumbs in a separate shallow dish.
- One at a time, dip asparagus spears into egg mixture, and roll in cornflakes.
- Drop coated spears into oil, frying until golden brown.
- Remove from oil, and place on paper towels to drain. Serve while hot.
Note: Recipe is adapted from The Southern Standard.
Evelyn Glover, Gurdon
Share this Recipe