- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Servings: 9 x 13 pan
- Mix apples and sugar. Let stand 1 hour.
- Beat eggs and oil well, by hand. Add 1/2 of apples at once and half of the flour with soda mixed in. Mix well.
- Add remaining apples and flour/soda. Mix well.
- Add salt and vanilla. Mix all together well.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch greased pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 F. Cool.
- Mix well. The frosting will be runny. Drizzle frosting over the cooled cake and enjoy!
This recipe was my grandmother, Virginia Murray’s, recipe. This is the most amazing apple cake ever!
Marci Allison, Bentonville, AR
Share this Recipe