- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 green onions sliced (plus more for garnish)
- 6 ounces raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup firm tofu diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded
- 1 large egg
- black pepper
- cilantro optional
- In a large pot, heat the broth over medium-high heat. When the broth begins to boil, add the mushrooms, onions, shrimp, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and vinegar.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and hot water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soup, stirring until it thickens.
- Stir in chili sauce, tofu and shredded chicken. Cook another 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Using a fork, drop swirls of the egg into hot soup. (Do this a little at a time and you will end up with beautiful ribbons of egg in the soup.)
- Add pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro and serve.
Share this Recipe