- 2 1/4 cups vanilla wafers
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup lemon juice plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces whipped topping
- Fresh raspberries to garnish
- For crust: Heat oven to 375.
- Add vanilla wafers to a food processor and pulse mixture into fine crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a shallow pie dish. Pour melted butter over the crumbs.
- Using your hand and the back of a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup, evenly press the crumbs into pie plate and up the sides to create a crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. (If crust has fallen off the sides, you have about a 10-15 second window to use a spoon and press it back up before it cools.) Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the filling is set. Remove and cool for 2 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and refrigerate for 2 hours. Decorate with raspberries before serving.
Cheater idea: To speed preparation, use a store-bought graham cracker crust and skip ahead to the filling instructions.
Share this Recipe