- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375.
- Coat 2 loaf pans or a large, shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix ground chuck with half the tomato sauce and all remaining ingredients. Divide meat mixture into
- 2 parts; add to prepared loaf pans, or shape into loaves and add to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour. Evenly pour reserved tomato sauce on loaves, and bake for 5 more minutes.
Note: A neighbor across the pond shared this recipe. I’ve added a few more spices to suit my family’s tastes.
Category: Coming in hot!