- 2 pounds frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup crushed crackers (I use Ritz), crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs (optional)
Heat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, stir together all casserole ingredients. Spread in a 13×9
casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour total; after 45 minutes top with crushed crackers, crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs, if desired, and resume baking for final 15 minutes.