- 2 (8.5-ounce) boxes cornbread mix (and ingredients to prepare) Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked squash, drained
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions. Allow to cool, and then crumble.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Coat a 13×9 casserole dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and peppers in butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine cornbread, milk, squash, onions and peppers.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup, salt and pepper.
- Add to casserole dish.
- Bake until browned, about 35 to 40 minutes or longer if you want it browner.