Tax Day is usually April 15. But, as that falls on a Saturday this year, Tax Day 2023 is April 18.
Here are common mistakes that can cost taxpayers, according to the IRS:
- Missing or inaccurate Social Security numbers
- Missing names
- Entering information inaccurately
- Incorrect filing status
- Math mistakes
- Incorrect bank account numbers
- Unsigned forms
Another costly mistake: falling for scams! Remember, the IRS will never:
- Call to demand immediate payment (via prepaid debit card, gift card or wire transfer)
- Threaten to immediately contact law enforcement
- Demand that taxes be paid without the opportunity to question or appeal
- Call unexpectedly about a tax refund
Visit the IRS website for more information.