- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can white (shoepeg) corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can French-style green beans, drained (reserve 1 tablespoon liquid for dressing)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon reserved green bean liquid
- In a large bowl, mix salad ingredients together.
- In a saucepan, add all dressing ingredients, and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Pour cooled dressing on salad, and toss until well-combined.
- Cover and keep refrigerated.
Note: This recipe is from my husband’s aunt, Regina Baltz. It’s great for camping. Onion can be cooked with dressing for a milder flavor.
Category: Veggie Vibes