- 1 package of cornbread mix (plus ingredients to prepare)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup or more ranch dressing, bottled or homemade
- Prepare cornbread according to directions. Allow to cool, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place cornbread cubes on bottom of a large glass bowl.
- Layer on kidney beans, corn, onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes, and top with cheddar cheese. Spread ranch dressing evenly over cheese.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix everything together, and enjoy!
Note: This is a spin-off of Paula Deen’s recipe that I get asked for and make all the time. It’s more of a summer dish, but I make it year-round.
Category: Veggie Vibes