- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 375.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg, scraping down sides of bowl. Add apple butter, vanilla extract and flour mixture, and beat until combined. Reduce mixer to low speed, and beat in apples, oats and pecans. Form mixture into balls, and drop on baking sheet lined with parchment paper (to prevent the apple butter from burning).
Bake for 9-12 minutes, until edges are brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.