- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- (8-ounce) package crescent rolls
In a large pan, melt butter. Add apples, and sauté for 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Add sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until sugar caramelizes and becomes syrupy. Remove mixture from heat, and allow to cool completely.
Heat oven to 375.
Unroll and separate crescent rolls into triangles on a baking sheet. Arrange triangles in a ring with the wide parts connecting and pointed ends facing out; dough will look like a sun. When the apple mixture is cool, evenly spread it in the wide parts. Fold pointed end over wide end of each crescent roll, and tuck inside. You will end up with an oval or round shape with apple tucked inside. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.