- 1 1/3 cups uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups boing water
- 1-2 (1-ounce) envelopes onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Butter, melted
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, stir rice, water, onion soup mix and mushroom soup together.
- Brush butter on chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- To a baking dish, add rice mixture, placing chicken on top. Cover and bake about 1 hour, or until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Note: I got this from my grandmother, and she got it from her mother. I sometimes add boiled, chopped chicken gizzards and some chopped celery.
Category: Spring Chicken