- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
In a large glass (or nonreactive) bowl, whisk together tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, pepper, sugar, vinegar, canola oil and salt. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add carrots, and cook for 8-10 minutes until barely tender. Drain and add carrots to tomato mix. Stir in onion and green bell pepper to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.