- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt
- 6 cups spring mix
- 3/4 cup dates, sliced
- 2/3 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
For dressing: In a saucepan over medium-low heat, cook balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and orange zest until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and allow to cool. Add mixture to a food processor (do not strain zest) with orange juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, garlic clove and salt. Pulse until well-blended.
For salad: Assemble all ingredients, and serve with dressing.