- 1 (15.25-ounce) box lemon cake mix (plus ingredients to prepare)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 1/3 cups fresh, sliced strawberries, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping, divided
For cake: Bake cake according to package directions. Allow to cool. Cut into cubes.
For berry sauce: Combine water, sugar, raspberries and 1/3 cup strawberries in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. Cool and puree. Refrigerate.
For lemon mousse: Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and 1 cup whipped topping.
Place half the cake cubes in a trifle dish or big glass bowl. Spread half the lemon mousse on top. Top with half the berry sauce. Add 1 cup of strawberries. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, and top with remaining whipped topping and a few reserved berries.