- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15.25 to ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 15 ounce can lemon pie filling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, more if needed
Heat oven to 350º. Lightly spray a 15 by 10 sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
For cake: In a large bowl, beat together cake mix and eggs, until well-blended. Fold in lemon pie filling. Spread evenly into prepared sheet pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes; allow to cool.
For icing: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together, gradually adding powdered sugar until combined. Stir in vanilla extract, gradually adding enough milk to make desired spreading consistency. Spread icing on cooled cake.