- 1 large zucchini, sliced vertically
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced vertically
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon pesto (fresh is best)
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke quarters, drained
- 2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese, divided
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Crackers or crostini for serving
Heat grill to 400º. Brush zucchini and squash slices with olive oil. Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill 5 minutes per side or until tender. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Heat oven to 375º. Chop zucchini and squash, and place in a cast iron skillet. Stir in cream cheese, mayonnaise, pesto, red onion, garlic salt, and sun-dried tomatoes until well-blended. Stir in artichokes and half the shredded cheese. Spread remaining cheese on top, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers or crostini.