- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 12 corn tortillas, cut in halves or quarters
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 large onion, chopped and sautéed
- 12 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Ro-Tel)
- Favorite taco toppings
- Heat oven to 350.
- Boil chicken breasts until done, saving broth. Dip tortillas in broth, and evenly layer to line a 13×9 baking dish.
- Dice chicken, and place on top of tortillas. Evenly sprinkle chili powder, garlic salt, onion and cheddar cheese on chicken. In a medium bowl, combine both soups, and spread evenly on cheese. Spread tomatoes and green chilies on top. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve with favorite taco toppings.
Note: My sweet ex-mother-in-law, Norma Stanley, made this often. I can’t tell you how many times I have eaten this dish and loved it. For a speedy version, use rotisserie chicken.
Category: Coming in hot!