- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed Dash pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
Simmer diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil and pepper in a medium saucepan over low heat.
In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat until onion is golden. Add zucchinis, mushrooms, green bell pepper and carrot. Cook for 5-10 minutes until tender. Stir vegetables into tomato sauce mixture, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Combine cheeses in a large bowl, and blend well.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spoon 1 cup sauce in bottom of 12×8 pan. Arrange layer of noodles on sauce; add half the cheese mixture; add half the sauce. Repeat layers.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Note: Other vegetables may be added or substituted.