- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces processed cheese (I use Velveeta)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel)
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (9.25-ounce) bag cheese-flavored tortilla chips (I use Doritos), crushed and divided
- Favorite taco toppings (optional garnish)
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 casserole dish, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and drain.
- Add onion and bell pepper; sauté until tender.
- Mix in cheese, diced tomatoes and green chilies, corn and both soups, stirring until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Form a crust using 1/3 of the chips on bottom of prepared pan.
- Top chips with 1/2 of the meat mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with 1/3 of chips.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Watch so chips on top don’t burn.
- Garnish with favorite taco toppings, if desired.