- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chicken, undrained
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup instant rice (I use Minute Rice), uncooked
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, undrained
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk Water
- 1 stick butter or margarine, cut into slices
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, “dump and stir” chicken, mushrooms, cream of chicken soup, rice and pimentos.
- Add evaporated milk to soup can with enough water to fill can, and stir into chicken mixture.
- Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish; evenly top with butter slices.
- Cover with foil, and bake for about 1 hour.
- Remove foil for casserole to brown for a few minutes, adding cheese, if desired.