- Nonstick cooking spray/flour for pans
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
Heat oven to 350º. Coat 2 loaf pans with cooking spray and a dusting of flour.
Boil sweet potatoes until tender; add to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat sweet potatoes, adding in eggs, water, oil and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and brown sugar, and mix well. Stir in apple and pecans. Evenly pour mixture into 2 prepared pans.
Bake for 1 hour or until fork comes out clean.