- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 cups lettuce, chopped (use a crisp variety)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 bag of cooked medium shrimp (can also use shrimp cocktail), defrosted
- For dressing: In a medium bowl, stir together peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic powder until well-combined. Begin to add hot water, about a third at a time, and stir in between each addition. Stir until smooth. If consistency is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Layer salad ingredients any way you’d like, and serve with peanut dressing.
Note: This recipe was inspired by fresh Vietnamese spring rolls, but requires no special ingredients and is much easier. Dressing is best made at least 2 hours in advance.
Category: Lighter fare for fairer days