- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (15.5 ounce)can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ⅓ cup of parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of salt
Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together, and combine with salad dressing. Refrigerate for an hour or more before serving.