For Panna Cotta
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 (.25 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar (or more to taste, depending on sweetness of berries)
- 1 or 2 large ripe peaches, diced
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
For panna cotta: Pour half and half in a saucepan, and sprinkle gelatin on top. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes, or until gelatin gets wrinkled on top. Add in heavy cream and sugar, and turn heat to medium-low or medium. Bring it to just a simmer, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Do not let it boil. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Remove from heat, and divide into ramekins. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
For sauce: Combine raspberries, water and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Cool and purée. Refrigerate until time to use.
When it’s time to serve, top panna cotta with sauce and peaches. Garnish with fresh mint.