- 1 (15.25-ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne or more (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, cayenne, sugar, eggs, canola oil and butter until thoroughly mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Drop by the spoonful (about 1 1/2 tablespoonsful), and space them 2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Store cookies in airtight container.
Note: This recipe was inspired by Mexican hot chocolate, which has cinnamon and a kick of hot pepper. You can omit the cayenne pepper if you don’t like heat.
Category: Chock-full of chocolate