- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 ¾ sticks unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 ⅓ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
Heat oven to 350. Spray a 13 by 9 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, 1 stick butter and 1 egg until combined. Evenly spread in bottom of prepared pan.
In a large bowl, use electric mixer to beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time. Add almond extract, remaining ¾ stick butter and powdered sugar, and beat until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on cake mixture. Top with strawberries and slivered almonds. Bake for 30 to 36 minutes, until almost set (it’s good to have a tiny jiggle in center). Allow to cool. Slice and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.