- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350. Grease 13×11 baking pan, set aside.
For cake: In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and pudding mix. Strain juice from pineapple to make 1 cup of juice (if there’s less, add water to make 1 cup). Add juice and eggs to mix. Measure 1 cup drained pineapple, and add it to mix (save remaining pineapple for another use). Add canola oil and coconut, and beat until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
For frosting: Beat or stir together cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread on cake. Refrigerate until time to serve.